Recruitment by IPSA
Under the terms of our publication policy, various information is published about IPSA’s staffing arrangements on our website, available at the following address: http://parliamentarystandards.org.uk/transparency/Pages/IPSA-facts-and-figures.aspx. We also publish further information in our Annual Report and Accounts, copies of which can also be found on our website.
This information includes the salaries of senior staff members, the number of employees in each pay grade and details of each team at IPSA is a small organisation (c 60 employees) and a high proportion of the roles are at a grade and salary which tends to attract those who are starting out in their career.
I will address each of your requests for information in turn.
1. How many recruitment applications has IPSA received in the last 3 years, broken down by year?
|Year||Number of applications|
|2016 (to date)||450|
2. How many applicants were aged 55 and above? (broken down by year)
3. How many of those applicants were shortlisted - by number, and as a percentage of total shortlisted candidates? (broken down by year)
IPSA does not hold this information.
4. How many shortlisted candidates aged 55 and above were successful in gaining employment with IPSA? (broken down by year)
IPSA does not hold this information. The age of applicants is neither collected nor used by IPSA, and applications are not retained once appointment to a post has been made.
5. How many vacant posts at IPSA have been filled by non-direct recruitment - i.e. by internal promotion, transfer from other public bodies, etc.? (broken down by year)
|Year||Number of posts|
|2016 (to date)||2|
6. How many of those vacant posts have been filled by individuals aged 55 and above?
No posts filled in answer to the previous question were filled by individuals aged 55 and above.
7. How many staff aged 55 and above are currently employed by IPSA
8. What percentage of overall IPSA staff headcount are currently aged 55 and above?
Four individuals aged 55 and above are currently employed by IPSA (excluding Board members), compromising 7% of IPSA’s current staffing complement at the time of the request.
Is this page helpful?
- July 24, 2016
- IPSA - STAFF
- Exemptions Applied: