Mr Michael Fallon MP
Claim ref. 360367
Could you please send me further details of the above claim, for instance any receipt that was submitted with the claim?
Under the MPs’ Scheme of Business Costs and Expenses (‘the Scheme’), private cars may be used as an alternative to public transport where there is a specific need or it is cost-effective to do so. You can view a copy of the Scheme on our website, at the following address: http://parliamentarystandards.org.uk/IPSAMPs/Scheme/Documents/MPs%27%20Scheme%20of%20Business%20Costs%20and%20Expenses%20Seventh%20Edition%20(2015-16).pdf
An MP undertaking a journey by private transport will be reimbursed for the mileage in accordance with the rates set out IPSA’s guidance. These rates are the standard rates set by Parliament and administered by HMRC, and can be found at Chapter Nine of the Scheme.
The claim noted in your request relates to mileage incurred by Mr Fallon in the exercise of his parliamentary functions. We do not hold receipts for mileage undertaken by MPs and all the information we hold relating to the claim you have requested is published, in full, on our website.
The following information may assist in retrieving this information from our website:
- Select ‘Search Function’ via the menu bar at the top of the page
- Under Select MP(s), Constituencies, Postcode or Region, search for an MP
- Under ‘Select a year and, optionally, month(s)’, select 2013-14
- Under ‘Select category(s) of Business Cost or Expense’, select ‘Travel’
- Under ‘Select type(s) of Business Cost or Expense’, select ‘Own Vehicle Car’
- Click ‘Find’ to retrieve results. You can export all of the information to a spreadsheet via the link on the subsequent page.
You can view more details on each individual claim via the link on the right hand side of each claim.
The FOIA states that information that is accessible by other means is not subject to release. Therefore, as the information you have requested is already available on our website, it is exempt from disclosure under section 21 of the FOIA (information accessible to applicant by other means).