Skip to the content

Redundancy payments for MPs affected by boundary changes
Disclosure Date:17 Jun 2015
Exemptions Applied: None

I am requesting a FOI regarding County Boundary changes of Brigg and Goole. Within the above can you confirm the amount of redundancy payments that would be made to a MP such as Andrew Percy MP if he looses control of the above county boundary.


Under the MPs’ Scheme of Business Costs and Expenses (‘the Scheme’), MPs will be eligible to receive a Loss of Office Payment if they lose their seat at a General Election, subject to conditions specified in Chapter Eight of the Scheme. However, this applies only where the MP has lost his or her seat at a General Election and not where boundary changes result in the loss of a seat. The current edition of the Scheme does not provide for any payments to be made to MPs in the event of boundary changes.