Since the 2010 General Election how many MP's have claimed the London Congestion Charge in their expenses. Please include the name of the MP, their constituency and the total amount claimed for the period.
IPSA does not hold the information that you request.
MPs are permitted, under the MPs’ Scheme of Business Costs and Expenses (‘the Scheme’) to claim for the costs of travel, and travel-related subsistence expenditure necessarily incurred in the performance of an MP’s parliamentary functions. This may include the cost of the London Congestion Charge.
Members can make claims for the London Congestion Charge under the category ‘Congestion Zone/Toll’. Alongside the London Congestion Charge, this includes any other municipal congestion charges and road tolls. As such, we are not able to separately identify all claims for the London Congestion Charge from claims for other congestion charges or tolls.
However, you may be aware that IPSA publishes details of all claims for business costs and expenses on our website every two months, three months in arrears, via the following address: http://www.parliamentary-standards.org.uk. The most recent publication took place on 13 March 2014, which relates to claims made between October and November 2013. Using the search function, you can download details of all claims made for any congestion charge or road toll, which may provide you with some of the information you are seeking.
The following instructions may assist you in filtering the information:
- Select ‘Search Function’ via the menu bar at the top of the page
- Under ‘Select MP(s), Constituencies, Postcode or Region’ tick the box to select all MPs.
- Under ‘Select a year and, optionally, month(s)’, select a financial period.
- Under ‘Select category(s) of Business Cost or Expense’, select ‘Travel’
- Under ‘Select type(s) of Business Cost or Expense’, select any of the sub-categories relating to ‘Congestion Zone/Toll’
- Click ‘Find’ to retrieve the results. You can export this data to a spreadsheet format via the link at the top right-hand corner of the page.