‘How many MPs are living in second homes paid for by expenses?’
IPSA holds the information that you request.
We publish details of MPs’ claims for Accommodation Expenditure on our website, which will allow you to view the names of MPs that have made claims for Accommodation Expenditure. You may view the published information by visiting our publication website.
Details of claims for expenses are published in a two month cycle, three months in arrears. The next publication date for expense claims is Thursday 9 May 2013. The most recent claims we have published are those made up to the end of November 2012. To ensure that the data you have requested is available, we carried out a search on our website, searching for all rental claims made between September and December 2012 in order to ensure quarterly as well as monthly rental payments were included.
The following instructions may assist you in locating and filtering the information:
- Select ‘Search Function’ via the menu bar at the top of the page
- Under ‘Select MP(S), Constituencies, Postcode or Region’ tick the check box to select all MPs
- Under ‘Select a year and, optionally, month(s)’ select the financial year you would like to view
- Under ‘Select category(s) of Business Cost or Expense’ choose ‘Accommodation’
- Under ‘Select type(s) of Business Cost of Expense’ choose ‘Accommodation Rent’. This will provide you with the information you have requested.
The FOIA states that information that is accessible by other means is not subject to release. Therefore, as the information you have requested is already available on our website it is exempt from disclosure under section 21 of the FOIA (information accessible to applicant by other means).