If you are elected as a new MP, we will work with you after the election to provide you with the financial support you need to carry out your parliamentary functions.
Newly elected MPs may wish to learn about IPSA and our Scheme of MPs’ Business Costs and Expenses.
New Members Reception Area
We will help new MPs to register their details so they can be set up on our systems and be able to use our services.
- 9 – 13 June (locations and times will be sent to relevant individuals)
When you arrive at Parliament in your first week as an MP, you will be brought to the New Members Reception Area (NMRA) and we will be there to meet you. During our initial meeting with you, we will register you on the payroll and business costs and expenses systems.
To do so, we’ll need your bank account details, ID and national insurance number, so please bring these details with you. If you have your P45, please bring this with you as well. If you do not have a P45, please complete the HMRC checklist (which can be found here) and bring this with you.
We will also share some information, such as contact details, with the House of Commons, to save them having to ask you the same questions again. We will only share necessary information.
- Accommodation Quick Guide [PDF]
- Budgets 2017-18 - Summary [PDF]
- Employing staff Quick Guide [PDF]
- Managing Finances Quick Guide [PDF]
- Office Costs Expenditure Quick Guide [PDF]
- Other Assistance Quick Guide [PDF]
- Publication Quick Guide [PDF]
- Security Quick Guide [PDF]
- Travel and Subsistence Quick Guide [PDF]